Whiplash is literally more than a pain in the neck. It is a potentially serious injury of the cervical spine that can result in an unstable neck and loss of mobility. Getting urgent whiplash treatment from our chiropractor at Amazing Spine Care is necessary to prevent chronic pain and permanent damage from injuries not seen with the naked eye. Our team of health professionals provides non-invasive chiropractic care in Jacksonville to help you heal and recover quickly from your injuries.
What is Whiplash?
Whiplash is a common type of neck sprain or strain that results from a forceful impact to the head. It is caused mainly when the head moves forward then backward at lightning speed, for example, during a rear-end collision. Whiplash may also occur from a sports injury, workplace injury, trauma, or a fall.
Types of Whiplash Injuries
The sudden extension and flexion of the head may tear the cervical muscles, sprain the ligaments, damage the blood vessels, pinch the nerves, or cause the spinal discs to bulge or herniate. The impact may dislocate the joints (subluxations) and result in a misalignment of the spine.
Whiplash symptoms typically develop within 2-48 hours after the injury and could include the following:
- Pain and stiffness in the neck or upper back
- Pain may radiate to the shoulders, arms, or chest
- Numbness or tingling
- Headaches or migraines
- Limited neck movements
- Pain worsens when moving the neck
Treating Whiplash with Chiropractic Care in Jacksonville
Our chiropractor, Dr. Khiger, may administer gentle chiropractic adjustments after a comprehensive evaluation which will include a neck and spine exam. The following natural modalities may be included in your personalized whiplash treatment plan to target pain at its source. They work synergistically to achieve lasting relief, increase flexibility, and promote holistic wellness.
- Spinal Adjustments: This effective pain-relief technique is performed using the hands to deliver gentle thrusts to the cervical spine. The controlled force from the thrusting mobilizes and manipulates the joints into alignment. Realigning the joints promotes healing of damaged discs or soft tissue, eases the symptoms due to nerve irritation, reduces inflammation, and restores range of motion.
- Rehabilitation: Corrective exercises help rebuild and strengthen damaged soft tissue in the neck.
As a part of our goal to treat the "whole person," Dr. Khiger may also recommend proper nutrition to prevent deficiencies that can cause inflammation and pain to redevelop.
Call Today for Non-Invasive Chiropractic Care in Jacksonville
Don't wait to feel pain before seeking whiplash treatment from our Jacksonville chiropractor. Give us a call today at 904-701-3916 to schedule a consultation. Remember that receiving timely treatment at Amazing Spine Care can reduce the risk of long-term complications.