Head & Jaw Pain in Jacksonville
Relieve Painful Symptoms
Contact Amazing Spine Care today if you are suffering from symptoms of head and jaw pain. Our staff in Jacksonville are friendly and knowledgeable and can help you find solutions to your pain. If you have been in a car accident it is a good idea to schedule an appointment with us as soon as possible. A single visit will allow us to pinpoint the source of your head and jaw pain and, from there, treat the condition so that you can live your life pain-free.
The staff at Amazing Spine Care are here to help you recover. Give our office a call today at or contact us online.
Treatment for Head & Jaw Pain from our Jacksonville Chiropractor
If you are experiencing the intense pain and pulsing of a migraine, we can help. You do not have to continue living in pain. Our team will provide a thorough evaluation of your situation and proceed in adjusting your neck and spine to bring you migraine relief from its source.
Common Symptoms of Head & Jaw Pain
Head and jaw pain can be extreme, long-lasting, and filled with throbbing pain to one or both sides of the head. Many times, it can result in a person feeling as though they want to throw up; light and sound can further aggravate the problem. Pulsations might increase upon physical exertion, such as mowing the lawn or climbing steps.
Aside from the pain, some symptoms include:
- Mood swings – It is common for a person with this trouble to have the feeling of elations and later on despondency.
- Intense desire for food or loss of appetite – Individuals might have cravings for certain types of foods such as carbohydrates and chocolates or they can feel as though eating anything would make them vomit.
- Light Sensitivity – Afflicted with this impairment some people experience auras, which depicts difficulty within the nervous system. These sensations can manifest in the forms of flashes of light, distorted vision and difficulty communicating and comprehending words.
What Causes Head & Jaw Pain?
When it comes to head and jaw pain, it seems that heredity, lifestyle and environmental components can trigger their onset. These factors include stress, hormonal changes, sleep deprivation and foods full of additives, caffeine.
However, tension in the muscles of the neck is the leading cause of these chronic headaches. With the sedentary lifestyle of most Americans, we are seeing the consequences in increase tension in the back, neck and head areas.
Head & Jaw Pain After Car Accident
Headaches are another common problem. Many headaches actually originate in the neck so it’s not surprising that it’s a symptom that is frequently experienced after a car crash.
Headaches that are caused by a car crash fall into four general categories:
- Cervicogenic headache, or those that are caused by injury to the cervical spine (neck).
- Tension headaches, caused by strain or tearing of the neck muscles.
- Migraine headaches, which can be an indicator for some kind of vascular injury.
- Brain injury, which can be brought about by severe crashes or direct head trauma.
The course of treatment for your headache after an auto injury will be dependent on what caused the problem in the first place.
Begin your road to recovery. Give our office a call today at or contact us online.
We offer many services by utilize specialized, non-invasive chiropractic treatments to help you experience relief and restore motor function without surgery or drugs.